Are you ready to advance your pilot qualifications? Your VA education benefits can help pay for flight training. You can get benefits for flight training if you have remaining entitlement under the GI Bill. You are qualified to receive benefits for flight training if you have at least a private pilot’s license and have at least a second-class medical certificate valid for second-class privileges—or a first-class medical certificate if you want to pursue the Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.

Who’s covered?

Anyone who qualifies for any of the GI Bill programs.

  • Exception: You aren’t covered if you’re using Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA).

What benefits can you get?

The benefits depend on the benefit program you use, (generally they include aircraft and simulator rental fees, ground and flight instruction fees, study materials, flight physical and flight exam fees):

  • Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) or the Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
  • Post-9/11 GI Bill

How do you get these benefits?

You’ll need to apply for benefits. Certificate of Eligibility (COE).

Apply for Education Benefits here.


Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Contact: Stephanie Fahy


Air Associates of Kansas Designated VA Certifying Official


12901 W 151st Street Suite B
Olathe, KS 66062